Making MI Home (pt 2)-- Program Coordinators



Meet MI's Program Coordinators, Becky and Tracy! 

Becky: I have been working in MI for 4 years, supporting 4 Departments:  CRIS, History, Political Science, Philosophy and Religious Studies, and now Environmental Studies.  I see myself as having two roles in my job as Program Coordinator/Support Staff.  First, I am here to help faculty and students succeed.  I do jobs that are behind the scenes:  making sure that needs, like printing and scanning of materials, are met.  That the classrooms are ready.   I also help with Department's budgets and accounting.  Second, I like to think of myself as the MI Concierge.  I make sure that the building is running smoothly and efficiently.  I want everyone to feel welcome and at ease.  If someone has a question or a need I try to do my best I can to provide it.  If I can't, I find someone who can.  As you know MI is old and not always in the best of shape, but it's fun to find ways of highlighting the positive aspects of the building.  To create a sense of place that reflects the college and our desires to be inclusive.  I love MI!  



Tracy: In my part-time capacity, I take care of all of the behind the scenes things that an education student needs to get licensed, or find a career in Education and Youth Studies. I am the planner behind all of the parties and social events of the school year. I am a liaison between Beloit College and the Department of Public instruction helping to keep students informed of new and upcoming changes within education. I love updating our website and creating more efficient google systems in order to keep have user friendly resources for our current students and informative resources for prospective students and alumni. I help to facilitate student teaching, and help Alumni with recertification and renewal of licenses. I keep my candy dish stocked and I am always open to student visits or suggestions on how to serve our students better on campus.  


Thanks for your work, ladies!

Comments

Popular Posts