Making MI Home (Pt 3)- Office Assistants


Meet MI's Office Assistants!

Nik (top right): This is my first semester working for MI as Becky Moffett’s office assistant, and so far I’ve been loving the job! The best thing about working in MI is the connections I am making with professors and faculty around campus. My shift typically consists of making scans of books, picking up mail for all MI faculty from the mail center (and delivering to each office), tidying classrooms, occasionally putting up/taking down posters, and working on special projects for professors. Earlier this semester Catherine Orr from the CRIS department enlisted me in cleaning and organizing her office. I spent a few days on this project, alphabetizing her books and whatnot. Currently Dr. Johnson from the Religious Studies department has me working on a project regarding the composition of a new class. I recently finished two other projects for her over fall break. What I am gaining from this current project is how to be a young academic, and how to create classes from a hands on perspective. This job is rewarding in the way that I am building a craft, gaining experience, and making connections with professors/faculty.

Erin (top left): I am a psychology major and I intend to become a clinical psychologist focusing on mental illness and addiction in adolescents and young adults. I want to use a combination of traditional therapy techniques and wilderness therapy to help my patients! In my free time I love to spend time in the forest and read books. I love animals and one day I want to live on a farm full of them!

Abby (bottom): I work in the EDYS office, doing copying for professors and student tracking. My job is to make sure that the EDYS department runs smoothly. I can answer basic questions about the major, get you in touch with professors, and help you check out equipment. You can usually find me in the office or arguing with the copy machine. I love to chat and I'm always open to answering questions. Come talk to me!


Here's a big thanks to everything office assistants do!

Comments

Popular Posts